Friday, November 14, 2008

Flashback!

Reflecting my whole blogging experience as a first-timer, this has definitely been a refreshing lesson to learn.

Credits to blog service providers like Blogger.com, it makes life easier for a student like me who is not tech-savvy! This new publication media definitely adds on benefits to its users, allowing individuals to express personal opinions just like my blog.

Also, design elements such as white space, framing, typography, colour, graphic aids were among what I had to consider while designing my web page. All these elements have to suit the target audience, to enhance readability.

I also used theories in my various researches on media and publication design issues. I focused a lot on the power of multimodality (Walsh 2006), designing for the web (Nielson 2008) and so on.

Through this assignment, it has also taught me how to be an ethical blogger, by citing the sources and references use to avoid copyright infringements and defamation.

All in all, I guess I have entered the world of blogosphere with a good first-time experience. It is indeed an interesting new form of publication.

References

Nielsen, J 2008, Writing Style for Print vs. Web, Useit.com, viewed 12 November 2008, <http://www.useit.com/alertbox/print-vs-online-content.htm>.

Walsh, M. 2006,” ‘Textual shift’: Examining the reading process with print, visual and multimodal texts,” Australian Journal of Language and Literacy, vol.29, no.1, p.24-37. (UNISA electronic library)


No comments: